Skip to main content

Summer coming to an end!

Well today is August 25, 2010.  Mike's birthday was Monday and school starts in 5 days.  This week has been a hard one.  Mike was gone this weekend on a trip.  We noticed Demo wasn't himself and that his stomach was big. I called the emergency vet that my vet had recommended.  We were told bring Demo in right away.  When we did everything went down hill. Long story shortened, We were told by the vet that Demo had congestive Heart Failure, pneumonia, and cancer.  We should leave him at the hospital and pay 2300.00 for his care OVER NIGHT.  I made the decision to bring Demo home and to take him to our vet the next day.  Mike was coming home and we would take him as a family to be put to sleep.  We didn't want him to suffer.  We took Demo to the vet only to find out that HE DOES NOT HAVE CANCER.  Yes he has CHF but nothing else.  Talk about being mad I am seeing RED!  If Mike had been home we would have put Demo to sleep thinking that we would be doing right by him because we don't want him to be in pain.  Now I am in a fight with the hospital vet.  I am thankful he is going to be fine but am mad at what that vet did to my family.  Yes Demo will pass away someday and my kids will hurt but there was no reason to have to go through that kind of pain unnecessarily. 

On a different subject, Noah starts middle school and is nervous.  He is in 6th grade. My where did the time go?  I am excited for him but nervous as well.  This year he willl be a bus rider instead of a walker.  He is excited.  Sarah starts highschool.  Freshman here she comes.  Although she didn't make the cheer squad I am optomistic that she will find her nitch and find great friends.  She is growing intoo a great lady.

Comments