Skip to main content

Guess what today WAS!!!!!!



Yup, it was that very first day of school. I could hear all the mom's cheering as the teachers walked the kids inside to start the new year. Okay maybe only in my mind were we all cheering. I have to say this summer really went by fast. So many people asked me if I was ready for the kids to go back to school. I smiled a great big smile and said YUP. I am ready for school to begin. Ryan is now going to school year round, B is a senior this year, Sarah is in 7th grade and thinks this will be the best year! Noah is now in 4th grade. Hold it, yup he is in 4th grade. I don't really know how that one happened. I swear he was just in 1st grade yesterday. Nope 4th grade. I have to say that I have a hard time with that one. Oh well, reailty check. Sarah was very excited this morning as I woke her up by calling her cell phone. She jumped out of bed and couldn't wait to get going. I on the other hand wasn't quite ready to get up but I did. Next came Noah. He was easy to wake up because he was in my room. It seems I have a sleepwalker in my house. He doesn't remember coming into my room and sleeping on the floor. He likes to go downstairs and turn on every light in the house. He is going to the Dr. soon to be checked out. Can't wait to find out what we can do about this. Well back to the subject of school. Noah is excited for 4th grade and really seems to like his teacher. He said this should be a great year. I think he is excited about getting letter grades instead of just numbers. I know I am. These are our First day of school pictures we do every year. I read (a long time ago) about making a sign and taking thier pictures every year and making a poster of thier 1st day pictures when they graduate. I thought that was a great idea and have been doing that ever since. B doesn't like it but the others do. Speaking of B, She had her senior pictures taken today. We went to a studio and they take a bunch of pictures of her and the one for the year book. She looked so nice. She fought me about taking them for quite sometime but finally said to me "thanks for making me do this. It was fun". Okay I got back up into my chair. She is very grateful for the things we do but she did not want to get these pictures done. I insisted. We should get them in about a week. How cool. I can't wait. Well it is getting late and I have to make sure the kiddos wash behind their ears. So feel free to call me we can do lunch, sit around and eat bon bons all day...... Okay, I woke up but it was a nice dream.

Comments